Travelogue: Culinary Feast at Hawker Food Centre

Saturday, February 23, 2013

*drumroll*
Welcome to my first culinary post!


Prepared not to droll and quench your thirst! =P

Where and When?

Penang is really famous for its cheap and delicious food. Penang is a food paradise!
They have a hawker food center and it's located on Gurney Drive. If you live in the Hotel Sentral that I mentioned in this post, you just have to turn right (according to Google Map) from the hotel entrance, walk along the road until you find the intersection, cross the road in front of you, walked until you find a lively food stall. Hmmm, I'm pretty sure that it was turn left not right. Just ask the concierge for more confirmation, okay? Teehee. =P  Oh yes, they usually open from Thursday to Tuesday which means they CLOSED on WEDNESDAY. Note that!

the Food

...and below is the food that we ate together.

Fried Oyster
Fried Oyster - MYR
I didn't eat this because I don't like oyster, although the smell is really tempting. O.o

Char Kway Teow (Fried Chinese Rice Noodle)
Char Kway Teow (Fried Chinese Rice Noodle) - MYR
Always my favorite! This one is not the best, but still okay. One day before, we also buy kway teow, but at different stall (which of course, I already forget) and that one is the most delicious, so far. Well, the price is also slightly more expensive than this one.

Hokkian Mie (Hokkian Noodle)
Hokkian Mie (Hokkian Noodle) - MYR

Hokkian Mie (Hokkian Noodle)
Hokkian Mie (Hokkian Noodle) - MYR

Pasembur (Malaysian Indian Salad)
Pasembur (Malaysian Indian Salad) - MYR
Malaysian version of dumplings. Kekeke.

Satay
Satay - MYR

Sauteed Frog
Sauteed Frog - MYR

Grilled Fish
Grilled Fish - MYR
This one is the best! It's really good! If I wasn't already full, I will surely order another one.

Teh (Milk Tea)
Teh (Milk Tea) - MYR
If you want it without milk, the local here usually called it "Teh O". They use non-sugar milk, so the taste is a little bit bitter, which I think is good to neutralize the sweetness in foods.

On my instagram, I usually review the taste of the food whether it's delicious or not, but all this food that I posted are so delicious. Although there's one that is slightly better than others, it's better to taste it by yourself since there are so many choices there. Oh yes, I'm gonna update the price later. For your information, MYR1 is around IDR3250 at that time.

Signature of Angeline Indriani for her blog

2 comments:

  1. Damn I became hungry! x)
    It's quite late and browsing some blogs and been wanting some evening snacks for a while now, btu stll haven't gotten any..now I must! :D

    ~ Frillycakes ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahaha. Even myself want to eat something after seeing this again. =P Good luck with your snack hunting. ;)

      Delete

Feel free to leave your thoughts here. =D